Netherdale Red Deer Stud breeds and nurtures high performing stock at the very highest level.
Netherdale was purchased around 1881 by William Cowie, who with hard work developed this windy virgin land into a sheep and arable farm. In 1913 William retired to Timaru and son James continued to run Netherdale.
Struggling through the Depression and two World Wars existing by selling milk from their small herd of cows to the local dairy factory.
In 1948 the property was sold to William’s grandson, Henderson Stevens, who enjoyed prosperous years with high returns from wool and grain. The farm was also developed into a successful Coopworth Stud and in 1979 his son David introduced wild deer captured by helicopter onto the property.